VOLspeed V2 for Giant Syncdrive Sport / Pro
Available in about 7 days
VOLspeed V2 for Giant Syncdrive Sport / Pro
This is a tuning module with unusually wide-ranging optimization options, suitable for E-Bikes with Giant Syncdrive Sport and Pro drive systems from model year 2017 onwards with RideControl EVO, CHARGE or ONE.
While other tuning tools often simply lift the 25 km/h speed limit, VOLspeed can do much more. In addition to removing the speed restriction, the VOLsped module also offers the option of reducing the annoying "wall effect" (i.e. the abrupt stopping of the engine support when the maximum speed is reached). So with the VOLspeed tuning module you can not only ride much faster, but also much more comfortable!
In addition, the speed limit is not just lifted - this tool also gives you the option of setting the maximum supported pace to an individual value. The advantage: If you only raise the maximum support slightly, e.g. from 25 to 33 km/h, you can drive much faster, but without the battery consumption increasing too much.
All settings can be easily made using the control buttons of the E-Bike display; a PC or Smartphone is not required (except for RideControl ONE).
Note about E-Bikes with RideControl ONE
The settings of the VOLspeed module can usually be made very easily using the control buttons of the E-Bike. But E-Bikes with RideControl ONE are an exception: Since the ONE has no display, the settings of the module can only be made via the RideControl App. To be precise, the RideControl App is required for the setup of the tuning and for setting the speed limit. Alternatively, the Giant RideControl PLUS display can be used.
VOLspeed V2 tuning module – Advantages at a glance:
- Removal of the 25 km/h speed limit with the option to set the level of maximum engine support freely to an individual value from 25-99 km/h. This is done conveniently using the arrow keys at the control unit.
- The tuning can be switched on and off at any time using the handlebar buttons (after switching on the bike, the tuning is initially always off).
- Correct display of speed, distance travelled and average speed.
- Easy installation: This tuning tool is a module that has to be installed directly at the engine. Afterwards it is not visible from the outside. The module is simply plugged in, no cables need to be modified or damaged. However, access to the motor is required, so the crank and motor cover must be removed for installation.
- Reduced "wall effect": Use the "dynamic mode" to soften the abrupt stopping of the motor support when reaching the maximum speed. The handling of the bike becomes much more comfortable.
- Wheel size can be adjusted via the display during setup.
- Correct total mileage, even after removing the VOLspeed V2 module.
VOLspeed V2 tuning module: Advantages in comparison to the previous version
Compared to the previous model, this new version (V2) of the VOLspeed module for Giant Syncdrive Sport / Pro has a number of improvements, making the tuning tool more attractive than ever before:
- Reduced housing size: The VOLspeed V2 module has been reduced in volume by 40%, making it much easier to install (from the previous 43 x 22 x 11 mm to 37 x 19 x 9 mm). With this, the manufacturers reacted to the very limited space in many Giant E-Bikes.
- The module is now optimally protected against moisture, as it is now completely sealed with a two-component sealing compound.
- Improved installation and operating instructions.
VOLspeed V2 for GIANT Syncdrive Sport / Pro - Compatibility
- This tuning module is compatible with E-Bikes or pedelecs with Giant Syncdrive Sport and Pro drive systems from model year 2017 onwards, the module works in combination with RideControl EVO, CHARGE or ONE.
- Compatible with remote control unit from 2017 onwards / not compatible with remote until 2016.
- Note about RideControl ONE: As RideControl ONE does not have a display, the RideControl App is required for the initial setup of the tuning and for setting the maximum supported speed.
Scope of delivery
- VOLspeed V2 tuning module
- Installation and operating instructions
VOLspeed V2 for GIANT Syncdrive Pro / Sport – Technical data
- Dimensions of the module: 37 x 19 x 9 mm
- Weight only 0,025 kg
- Cable length approx. 140 mm
- Supply voltage 5VDC
Required tools for installation (using the example of a Full E+ 0 Pro)
- Torx key TX20 / TX25 / TX30
- Allen key 6 mm
- Lockring tool for Giant / Yamaha PW-X
- ISIS crank puller
- Chain whip (optional)
Please note that the required tools may differ for other E-Bike models.
You can find detailed installation and operating instructions "HERE".