Speedbox 2 for Yamaha PW
Speed Box 2 for Yamaha electric bicycles is an innovative processor-controll..
Availability: In stock
Speedbox 2 for Yamaha
Speed Box 2 for Yamaha electric bicycles is an innovative processor-controlled tuning tool which completely takes away the 25 km/h speed limit - after that, the engine support goes up to 99 km/h! This means, if you use the Speed Box 2 device, you can drive much faster with the engine power still assisting.
One of the great advantages of the Speed Box 2 is that, contrary to many other tuning tools, your electric bikes display will still show the real speed. Other important parameters like range, daily travelled distance, average- and maximum-speed will be displayed correctly, too.
Important hint: Only the km/h (kilometres per hour) values will be shown correctly, not the mph (miles per hour) values.
You can activate the Speed Box 2 very easily with a short press on your electric bikes light button (you´ll find the button at the head of the control panel). When you do this, for 3 seconds a current speed of 9.9 km/h will be displayed. This shows you that the Speed Box 2 is activated and the motor support will reach up to 99 km/h.
If you want to deactivate the Speed Box 2, simply click on the light button again. Now, a current speed of 2.5 km/h will be indicated. This shows you that the tuning tool is deactivated and your electric bicycle has been restored to its original condition (with motor support to 25 km/h). Hint: If you turn your electric bike off, the Speed Box 2 will be automatically deactivated, too. That means: If you turn on your electric bike, the SpeedBox2 is always deactivated.
Hint: Your electric bike´s light button does not only activate/deactivate the SpeedBox2, it also controls your electric bike´s light function. If you don´t want the light to be activated, you can activate/deactivate the SpeedBox2 device by pressing the UP-DOWN-UP-DOWN buttons within two seconds, too.
According to the manufacturer, the Speed Box 2 tuning device only consists of high-quality components produced by globally known manufacturers. The microcomputer has even been certified for the automotive industry!
The device is compatible with the Yamaha PW Powerdrive and LCD or LED display.
The installation of the Speed Box 2 Module for Yamaha is quite easy:
- At first you have to disconnect the battery from your electric bicycle.
- Loosen the 6 bolts which hold the plastic engine cover.
- Slightly loose the screw which holds the engine on the lowest position, but do not remove it!
- Now loosen and remove the 2 screws which hold the engine on the upper position.
- Fold back the engine downwards.
- Now disconnect the connector of the speed sensor and the connector which lead to the display.
- After that you have to connect the Speed Box 2 to the connectors you have just disconnected.
- Now you have to insert the Speed Box 2 into the frame tube.
- Close the engine upwards to the frame.
- Screw in the 3 bolts which hold the engine and tighten them. The best way is to use a fitting torque key (the torque wrench should be set to the torque specified on the bolt washer).
- Close the plastic engine cover again and fix it with the six bolts.
- Connect your battery to your electric bike again.
Please note: Due to the shape of the plug connectors a faulty connection is not possible. There is no need for diagnostics during the installation process. The installation of the Speed Box 2 will not cause any damages to your electric bike – this means, you can restore its original state whenever you want to.
Speed Box 2 – Operating Manual for Yamaha Electric Bikes
- Switch on your electric bike as usual.
- If you turn your electric bike on, the Speed Box 2 is categorically off (deactivated).
- You can turn the Speed Box conveniently on by clicking on the light button at your electric bike handlebar.
- If you press the light button for the first time, your electric bike display will briefly show a speed of 9.9 km/h – this indicates that the Speed Box 2 tuning tool has been activated. Now you can ride up to 99 km/h with the engine power still assisting!
- If you want to deactivate the Speed Box, simply click on the light button again. If you do that, the display will briefly show a speed of 2.5 km/h – this shows you that the tuning has been cancelled (Speed Box is off) and the motor support will stop at 25 km/h again.