SpeedBox 3.0 B.Tuning for Bosch
Available in about 7 days
SpeedBox 3.0 B.Tuning for Bosch
The SpeedBox 3.0 not only removes the 25 km/h speed limitation of Bosch E-Bikes - you even have the option of setting the maximum speed to an individual value. This tuning chip is compatible with Bosch Active-, Performance- and CX-Line engines, and also with the new Bosch 2020 drive systems including anti-tuning software. The tool gives you the possibility to use the full power of your engine. SpeedBox 3.0 B.Tuning is compatible with the SpeedBox app, allowing you to benefit from numerous attractive additional functions. You can also monitor and save all the parameters of your journey on the smartphone display.
Another advantage of the SpeedBox 3.0 is that, even with active tuning, the E-Bike display shows the correct data (current speed etc.). In addition, the tuning can be switched on or off at any time - alternatively by app, or also by using the WALK button. After pressing the WALK button, the display shows 9.9 km/h (6.2 mph) for a short time - this indicates that the tuning has been switched on. Now the 25 km/h speed limit is lifted. After pressing the WALK button again, the tuning is deactivated and for confirmation the value 2.5 km/h (1.6 mph) is displayed briefly. Now the E-Bike works again as in its original condition and the motor support is only up to 25 km/h as usual.
For owners of Bosch E-Bikes without a WALK button there is also the option to switch the SpeedBox on and off with the key combination +-+-.
Set the maximum speed yourself
Setting the maximum speed is easy: First enter the following code using the control buttons: Turbo - EMTB - Tour - Eco - Tour - EMTB - Turbo. Then the current speed limit is displayed. Now you have the possibility to change the level of the maximum speed - either by briefly pressing the WALK button or by turning the rear wheel 360°. A displayed value of 1.5 km/h would correspond to a maximum speed of 15 km/h, a value of 2.0 km/h would correspond to 20 km/h, 3.0 km/h would correspond to 30 km/h, 9.9 km/h would correspond to 99 km/h etc. After 5 seconds of inactivity, the last setting is adopted. That's it - the maximum supported speed is saved and you can start!
Please note: If you use the SpeedBox 3.0 with Bosch E-Bike motors of the 4th generation (year of manufacture 2020 or later), you must leave the E-Bike switched on after the end of the ride until a value of 0.0 km/h appears in the display. During this process the remaining time is displayed in minutes. Afterwards you can safely switch off your E-Bike and look forward to the next trip.
The free SpeedBox app was developed especially for SpeedBox B. tuning tools. The connection between Smartphone and tuning chip is done via Bluetooth. By means of the practical app, you can display numerous useful data and trip parameters. You have the possibility to save driven routes and share them with friends.
The most important functions of the app at a glance:
- Tuning control: Switch the tuning on or off.
- "Invisible Mode": In this mode the tuning can no longer be activated by the WALK button, but only via app.
- Block motor: You can temporarily switch off the motor of your E-Bike via app to protect the E-Bike from unauthorized access.
- Save trip data: Save trip data to monitor your performance. The data can also be shared with friends.
- View technical data on your smartphone, for example: Current speed, average and maximum speed, distance, ride duration, total distance, cadence, battery level, range, torque & energy consumption (of rider and motor) etc.
- Access to the app is secured by a individually defined PIN and a personal password.
Important note: The SpeedBox 3.0 B.Tuning chip can also be used without the app without problems. However, with the app you benefit from numerous interesting additional functions, such as the option to keep a close eye on your performance at all times. Since the SpeedBox app obtains the data directly from the control unit of the E-Bike, the data is also much more accurate than with many conventional sports apps.
The SpeedBox App is available for free for "Android" (LINK to https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.speedbox.app&hl=cs&pcampaignid=MKT-Other-global-all-co-prtnr-py-PartBadge-Mar2515-1) & "iPhone / iPad" (LINK to https://apps.apple.com/us/app/speedbox-app/id1404769262). To use the app your phone must have at least Bluetooth 4.0 (or higher).
Thanks to colour-coded plug connections the installation of the SpeedBox 3.0 tuning chip is extremely simple. Basically you only have to gain access to the motor and then disconnect the plug connectors on the cable from the motor to the speed sensor and from the motor to the display. Then the SpeedBox must be connected simply only to the disconnected plug connectors. If necessary, you can remove the tuning tool at any time to restore the original condition of the E-Bike.
Note: If you install the SpeedBox on a brand new E-Bike, make sure you ride it at least 1 km before the first activation of the tuning chip.
SpeedBox 3.0 B.Tuning for Bosch – advantages at a glance
- Compatible with the new Bosch 2020 drive systems (Bosch Gen 4).
- 25 km/h speed limit is completely lifted.
- Maximum speed can be set to individual value (the actual maximum speed that can be reached depends on various factors such as the rider's cadence).
- Correct values in the E-Bike display.
- User-friendly and easy to install.
- The tuning tool can be easily removed if necessary.
- Tuning can be switched on and off (via App, WALK button or combination +-+-).
- Compatible with the free SpeedBox app, which offers numerous interesting additional functions (see above).
SpeedBox 3.0 B.Tuning für Bosch – Compatibility
The SpeedBox 3.0 B.Tuning chip is compatible with the new Bosch 2020 E-Bike drive systems (Bosch Gen4), but also with the old Bosch Active-, Performance- and CX-Line engines. However, SpeedBox 3.0 B.Tuning is NOT compatible with Bosch Classic Line.
Compatible with the following displays: Intuvia, Purion, Nyon, Kiox, Cobi.
SpeedBox 3.0 B.Tuning is manufactured in the Czech Republic.