eMax Software for Shimano STEPS E8000 with or without Di2
Availability: Out of stock
eMax software – tuning for Shimano STEPS E8000
This is one of the most attractive and advanced tuning options for electric bikes with Shimano STEPS E8000 drive systems. It works perfectly with manual and also electronic (Di2) derailleur systems. Unlike other tuning tools, eMax is purely software-based and does not need any physical module or box. Therefore no mechanical installations on the bike are necessary.
A prerequisite for using the eMax software is that you have access to a Windows PC and a Shimano SM-PCE1 interface. The eMax software enables you to set the level for the maximum motor support individually up to 60 km/h for each three support modes (ECO, TRAIL, BOOST). All parameters on the bike display (like speed and distance) will be shown correctly. You can download the eMax software free of charge and check the communication to your bike via PC and PCE1 interface before you order the licence key. If everything runs well, you can order a licence key from us to unlock the tuning functions of the eMax software. Each licence key is limited to one electric bike.
Off course, you can modify your bike many times and also undo the modifications very easy at any time to restore your electric bikes original settings.
Important: To enable the software to communicate with the STEPS E8000 drive unit, you need a PC with Windows operating system (7x, 8x, 10) and a Shimano SM-PCE1 interface.
Attention: The licence key is explicitly assigned to the electric bike! If you want to modify various electric bikes, you need a licence key for each bike.
Additional note to the order: This product can only be ordered separately, as it is mainly shipped free of charge.
- You own an electric bike with Shimano STEPS E8000 drive unit.
- Download the eMax software free of charge and the related documentation at the bottom of this page and check if the program runs on your windows PC.
- You have access to a Shimano SM-PCE1 interface.
- Connect all components according to the instruction and use the eMax software to read your electric bike´s electronic serial number.
- Now you order one (or several) licence keys at the top of this page. You can use the licence key to unlock the additional tuning functions of the eMax software.
- At the same time you send a screenshot of the program with your electric bike´s information or / and the assigned log files to the email-address indicated in the program and in the instruction.
- After that, we will send you the licence key via e-mail or via postal package (see below), together with your invoice.
Activation / delivery of the licence key:
All functions of the eMax software (except for special tuning functions) can be tested in the cost and licence-free version of the eMax software. Only the licence key is subject to a fee. In order to receive the licence key, you are required to contribute (see above). The generation and dispatch of the licence key after receipt of the electronic serial number usually takes about 1-3 working days.
- Private customers within the EU receive the licence key via e-mail and the invoice via letter.
- Customers with a valid VAT ID in Germany will receive the licence key via e-mail and the invoice via letter.
- For customers with a valid VAT ID within the EU (but outside of Germany) we require a confirmation that you have received the eMax licence key (access confirmation), therefore the delivery of the licence key in these cases is generally only carried out with our standard postal package (invoice enclosed). The package will be handed over after confirmation of receipt by signature.
- If you purchase the licence key outside the EU, it will also be sent to you with our standard postal package (not via e-mail). This is mainly due to customs reasons. Delivery may therefore take longer. We ask you to take this into account when placing your order and ask for your understanding of this process flow. The package will be handed over after confirmation of receipt by signature.
Customers from the United States of America (USA) and Canada cannot be supplied. Thank you for your understanding.
Functions as of eMax 3.x:
- motor support without speed limitation (the maximum set value in the eMax software is currently limited to 60kmh).
- individual full support of all 3 modes (Eco, Trail & Boost).
- display of real speed value on bike display.
- display of real total distance recorder value on bike display.
- possibility to adjust the circumference to the real value for speed accuracy.
- possibility to change the gear configuration to real setting after mechanical modifications (mechanical vs. electronical [Di2]).
- possibility to change the transfer ratio to real setting after mechanical modifications.
- bilingual user interface (English/German).
- bike could be modified back to delivery status in next to no time.
- bike could be modified as often as wanted.
- could be used on bikes with mechanical and electronical [Di2] gear switching on rear derailleur.
- compatible with all previous STEPS8000 firmware versions. For using the full eMax 3.x feature set, a motor firmware of at least 4.2.7 is necessary.
- no mechanical changes on bike necessary
Instruction: eMax_EN.pdf Adobe PDF Document, 1MB, Language: english
Instruction: eMax_DE.pdf Adobe PDF Document, 1MB, Language: german
Download of eMax program: eMax.zip ZIP - Archiv, 40 KB
- great evolution
Value Quality Rating Price
- The perfect solution
Rating Price Value Quality
- used with di2
Price Value Quality Rating
Itworks very well with Di2 system. Very happy customer. Should be cheaper though (Posted on 12/12/2017)