BadassBox 3.4 for Kalkhoff Impulse 1, 2 & EVO
This tuning tool takes away the..
Availability: In stock
The BadassBox Type 3.4 for Kalkhoff-Impulse Electric Bike Tuning
- This tuning tool takes away the 25 km/h speed limit and shifts the engine support up to (at least) 50 km/h.
- Installation and removal can be done very fast and simple. Of course, you can undo the tuning process whenever you want to.
- The badassBox 3.4 requires no electrical contact to the system.
- Easy installation: The badassBox has to be attached to the speed sensor of your electric bike. Fix it with a rubber ring and reposition the magnet on your bicycle spoke. Now you can drive twice as fast with the motor power still assisting.
- The box is powered by a battery cell with an operational distance of approx. 6000 km or one year (discharged battery). You can simply replace the battery by opening the base of the housing.
- The microprocessor switches on and off automatically.
- The badassebikesBox Type 3.4 divides the transmitted speed by two as soon as you reach a speed of approx. 11mph. Thus, a constant engine support is granted for speeds reaching up to 30mph (≈ 50 km/h).
- Important: If the tuning is active, your electric bike display will only show half of the real speed. This means: If your display shows a speed of, for example, "23 km/h", your real speed is 46 km/h and so on.
- The use on public roads is not allowed. If you want to drive your electric bicycle legally on public roads again, simnply remove the Box and push the magnet back to its original position. Now your electric bile is back in its original condition and can be used in public traffic again.
- The the box is very small (50mm x 46mm x 23mm), has a light weight (33g) and can be easily transported.
- In comparison with the previous versions of the badassebikes Chiptuning Box, the new badassBox 3.4 has been greatly improved. The housing of the Box has been strengthened, the electronics enhanced and the firmware is better adapted to the respective engines of the various electric bike manufacturers. The new badassBox Type3.4 is less sensitive to vibrations and bumps and 100% splash proof.
- Compatibility: The badassBox Type3.4 Kalkhoff is compatible with all Kalkhoff mid-mounted engines of the Impulse, Impulse Evo, Evo RS and Impulse 2.0 systems.
Where is the correct Position for the Magnet if I use the BadassBox?
Maybe you ask yourself about the correct position of the magnet on the bicycle spoke if you use the badassBox to tune your electric bike. Unfortunately, it is not possible to tell you a generally valid position, because there can be great differences from one electric bike to another.
If you got problems with the positioning of the magnet, we recommend the following procedure:
- Plug the badassBox into the speed sensor of your electric bike and fix it with a rubber ring. Important: Try to position the magnets front surface upwards or downwards.
- Place the magnet approx. 2 cm behind the box towards the wheel centre.
- Rotate the wheel at least five times (or more) and check out if the display indicates the speed. Important: You have to rotate the wheel at least five times; otherwise the Box has no ample opportunity to awake from a possible Standby mode.
- If the display shows no speed, slide the magnet 2 mm further towards the Box.
- If a speed is shown, you can slide the magnet 1 mm further towards the Box.
- Now the magnet has the correct position on the bicycle spoke.
If you execute this procedure, the correct positioning of the magnet should be no problem anymore. We hope this information was helpful for you.
Please note: Li-Ion batteries (size: CR2) are not included.