Badass Box 4 for Brose
Availability: In stock
Badass Box 4 - Brose
This is the latest and so far best version of the proven Badass Box tuning device for E Bikes with Brose mid-mounted engines. Use the Badass Box 4 to remove the 25 km/h speed limitation of your Brose drive system within seconds. You can activate or deactivate the tuning tool at any time by attaching or removing the Box and moving the spoke magnet a little bit. Installation and use of the device are extremely simple.
In contrast to the previous version, the new Badass Box 4 features numerous improvements:
- The housing of the box is much slimmer now; there can be no more installation situations that are too tight (there are no adapters required anymore).
- The O-ring of the previous version has been replaced by a patented snap lock. Thanks to the new snap lock, the Badass Box 4 can now be attached or removed in no time at all with just one hand. At the customer's special request, an optional cable tie was also added to the snap lock to fix the device.
- The previous CR2 battery was replaced by an AAA battery with a significantly higher range. Thanks to the especially developed "FEET" field enhancement technology, the battery only needs to be changed after 7,000 km or 1 year. Replacement batteries can be bought cheaply at almost every corner.
- For better protection against moisture and mechanical stress, the electronics of the Badass Box 4 are now glued into the housing with a special casting compound from the automotive industry and therefore completely sealed - the Badass Box has never been so robust.
- Doubled quality control: Each Badass Box is tested for correct function before and after casting.
Developed and manufactured in Germany.
Badass Box 4 for Brose – Functionality
As soon as the Box is plugged in and the spoke magnet is shifted, the Box transmits a modified signal to the motor, and in this way the speed limitation is taken away. The whole process is contactless, i.e. there is no direct electrical connection to the motor, so that damage is not possible.
Important note: Your E Bike display will not show the correct speed as soon as the tuning is activated (this also applies to derived values). However, you can use GPS-based devices to determine the real speed (smartphones, bike computers, etc.).
Badass Box 4 for Brose – Installation & activation
Since the motor does not have to be opened, the installation of the Badass Box 4 is extremely simple. The first thing you have to do is mount the Badass Box 4 over the Brose speed sensor next to the rear wheel. As soon as the snap lock engages, the Box is fixed securely to the sensor. If desired, you can additionally fix the Box with a cable tie, too.
Our recommendation: If you install the Badass Box 4 for the first time, you should replace the screw of the original spoke magnet with the supplied Toolfree screw. This has the advantage that you do not need any tools to move the magnet in the future. This is important because: In order to activate the tuning, you must not only attach the box, but also move the spoke magnet a little - towards the edge of the housing in the direction of the snap lock. If the spoke magnet should touch the Badass Box 4, you must place the spoke magnet as close as possible to the Box and rotate it 90° - that´s all, your E Bike is tuned and the 25 km/h speed limitation has been taken away!
To deactivate the tuning, simply remove the Badass Box 4 and return the magnet to its original position. Now your Brose E Bike is restored to its original condition and the speedometer displays the correct speed again.
Scope of delivery
- Badass Box 4 for Brose
- AAA battery
- Toolfree 4 mm screw
Badass Box 4 for Brose – Technical data
- Dimensions: 61 x 43 x 15 mm
- Weight: 27g (with battery 37g)
- Battery: 1.5V AAA battery (IEC R03)