Note concerning the Road Traffic Act (RTA) / Road Traffic Licensing Regulations & Liability Exclusion
We explicitly point out that electric bikes which are manipulated with tuning tools may only be used on private, enclosed areas or designated routes – for example, for sporting activities or for advertising purposes. In general, the use of tuning devices leads to a manipulation of the speed of your electric bicycle, which is not allowed in areas where the road traffic act applies – for example, on public roads. The use of tuning tools is at your own risk. No liability is assumed for any future or current damages to objects and / or persons caused by the improper installation / uninstallation / use of the tuning tool. If you use tuning tools to manipulate the speed of your electric bike, the warranty of your electric bike may be limited or expire. If your electric bike has an operating licence and you use a tuning tool, the operating licence will expire in most cases, too. Please drive carefully and use protective clothing such as helmets and clothing with protectors etc. Don´t endanger yourself or other persons. Talk to your insurance to make sure all areas of your activities are legally protected. Please keep in mind that other countries may have deviating legal regulations / requirements – especially if you are going on holiday and take your electric bike with you. Please inform yourself in advance and always follow the legal regulations.
Legal Statement and Liability Disclaimer
- We want to point out that the use of tuning tools isn´t allowed on public roads, because these tools manipulate the speed of your electric bike. It is only allowed to use electric bike tuning tools on private, closed areas or on designated routes.
- No liability is assumed for any current or future damages to persons and / or objects caused by the improper use / installation / uninstallation of the tuning tool.
- You have to use tuning tools at your own risk.
- The manufacturer´s warranty of your electric bike may be limited or can completely expire if you use tuning tools to manipulate the speed of your electric bike.
- Please make sure you drive carefully. We recommend that you wear protective clothing and a bicycle helmet.